Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm giving up my 25th birthday.


From the desk of AC2, Sparker.




I am a very lucky person.

I've had ample opportunity to travel in my life, to some amazing places. Usually by the grace of friends who were living there.


St. Peter's Basilica|Rome, Italy|Summer 2007
Barcelona, Spain| August 2007

The Big Island of Hawaii|August 2010

Next month I turn twenty-five. I've been thinking offhand what I'd like to do for that milestone birthday- a friend invited me to Vegas, I thought about throwing a party, doing a wine tour through the Hill Country, just asking for some money to go shopping or pay off part of my debt.

Instead I've decided to give it up. By September 30th, I want to raise $1,000 to contribute to the September Campaign to provide clean drinking water. This year the campaign focuses on the Bayaka people of the Central African Republic. Deforestation has driven them from their home and they're having to learn a new way of life- should we not make it possible for them to skip the three hour walk to clean drinking water?

charity: water 2010 September Campaign: Clean Water for the Bayaka from charity: water on Vimeo.

If you're my friend, you probably would have at least bought me a beer for my birthday. Let's buy that kid some clean drinking water instead. If you're a September baby too, consider giving up your birthday and let's see just how much we can do.

Donate, or find out more about the cause at my page.

-AC2

No comments:

Post a Comment